Friday 17 August 2012

Thank YOu Thursday

Even when it's Friday

To Danielle LaPorte for echoing in my mind  . . . Do what you say you're going to do!
Do what you say you're going to do! Do what you say you're going to do!
and all her other bold, beautiful and catalyst-ic starters.

For the long summer holidays and all their glorious sidetracking from big projects and their re-membering of the essence of life. Appreciation of the world around me, sharing time with people, reading, driving, being back in the sea, swimming in crystal rivers, walking on hot sand and cool forests, simply being, smiling, grateful.

Yep I wanna be grateful today for the sidetracking. For the wonderful sparkles that treasure the way be it those amazing silver flecked rocks along the Versachetal and the way we felt compelled with the others to play them into mini monuments. To all the mementos left as a magical trail the 'I wuz here' with it's gossamer thread to a someone and their muse. To the people who put statues in their gardens for me to see and flags and flowers and windwhirlers as I paddle by on the lake.

And to all the beautiful diversions I came across on in my virtual world that made me smile, that made me think, that made me connect and remember that I am enough and most especially that gratitude is the key even to allowing acknowledging and accepting those things that are also the bane of my progression like sidetracking and diversions. Gratitude makes them not wrong but a beautiful new colour - part of the kaleidoscope of me.

boy that was fun gratitude - I wanna start each day this way
try it - it'll make you smile

what would be your list today??


:) Kaye









2 comments:

  1. Sidetracking is fun. Today I'm thankful for lavender tea and Epsom salt baths, for love and family and winter sunshine, for new beginnings and familiar faces. I'm also thankful for your inspiring words and beautiful illustrations in my life, Kaye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally
    I can smell that bath and tea close up together + winter = mmm smile
    :)

    ReplyDelete