Thursday 30 August 2012

thank you thursday



what can I say
pink shoes 
on young girls
glowing with possibility

just like those raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
brown paper packages tied up with string
these are a few of my favorite things . . .

so my young daughter asks me
will I be beautiful when I am 13
and I say everyone is beautiful when they are 13

I think I might say the same
if she asked about 60.

I'm thankful for the reminders of gratitude
and the magic of compassion
when you don't think you can
fake that self love till you make it.

The kind of compassion
that can give everyone another chance
when I can give that to myself
there is more hope
grown

And for the ones that are there
to remind me
my mentor, my fellows
and the Thursday calls

Thank you


What are you grateful for today?



No comments:

Post a Comment